Let it be known that my beauty routine is now as follows:
1. Exfoliate with a facial scrub
2. Tone with witch hazel
3. Rub in StriVectin-SD thoroughly (This is new! I just bought this nearly $200 wrinkle cream last week!) I let this settle in
4. Apply vitamin E oil under eyes, lips, forehead, and smile lines first then rub in all over. Let sink in.
5. Apply moisturizer in the form of jergens natural glow firming formula and let sink in.
6. I apply a very heavy off brand facial moisturizer that is supposedly brightening with the help of pearl extract under my eyes liberally. Like you can still see it and I let is sink in all the way.
This stuff has horse fat in it. I have no idea where it came from because I found it at my grandma’s house but it tends to work. After I am out of it I plan on buying an actual under eye cream for really horrible circles. Suggestions on what to buy?
7. Apply Revlon Age Defying foundation primer and let dry.
8. Apply Olay Definity Color Recapture. This is a spf 15 anti aging moisturizer with a very sheer and illuminating coverage. I add a bit more under my eyes and let sink in and “dry”.
9. Cover under eye circles with this stuff:
This is supposed to lessen the circles under your eyes over time and I swore I noticed a slight difference at first but not really at this point.
10. If I am doing photos or an event I use Bare Minerals foundation if not I simply put my blush and eye stuff on and dust with a light powder. I have been using the new bare minerals feather light mineral veil but I am not exactly the most happy with it.
My questions are as follows:
1. Is it BAD to exfoliate daily? I like to because I think it keeps dead cells from building up and weathering fine lines into my face and keeps my face fresh and clean so it absorbs my moisturizers, creams and serums better.
2. I have been using the feather light mineral veil but it’s so SHINY. I bought it because I read that illuminating products diffuse light and make your face look less aged but this is so shiny that to me it looks like it highlights any sinking or lines in my face. I think it would be better used as a highlighter in specific areas after powdering all over.
What is a good loose powder that isn’t really heavy and too chalky or matte but also that’s not TOO shiny or illuminating. Something that has a natural skin like finish? I would prefer drugstore brands so I can get it sooner than later but more expensive recommendations are welcome as well.
3. I recently bought StriVectin which was originally developed as a stretch mark cream. Do you think this would work on scars? Do you have any other suggestions on what to use on scars that really works? Price is not an issue with this as I would try anything to get rid of these cutting marks I have.
4. Is Strive tin a long term wrinkle cure or is It something that only works while it’s on so I would need to buy it pretty much forever? I will say this shit is AMAZING and I have only used it maybe 5 times and I have noticed a HUGE difference already.
Thanks for all of your help and suggestions in advance!